Under construction 12/27/19. Please make sure you are signed up for email updates from VPA Executive Director Mike Donoghue (firstname.lastname@example.org) and check back soon. This message will be deleted when the contest is live.
Welcome to the 2018-19 Vermont Press Association contest.
- Submissions must be published from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
- Deadline for entries: TKTKTK.
- Payments must be received at the VPA office in Colchester by: TKTKTK.
- Annual banquet & awards ceremony: TKTKTK.
Please read carefully:
- You must complete each form once per entry; for example, if your newspaper intends to submit three entries for the best local story category, you will complete that form three times.
- Each article should be a single PDF, consisting of the page(s) that the article appeared on in print (e.g. A1 and A4) OR a printer-friendly view of the article on your website. If your single entry includes six articles, that should be six PDFs — no more and no less.
- Multiple individuals at a newspaper can make submissions. However, your newsroom needs to track how many entries it’s submitting so that (A) your newspaper does not exceed the maximum submissions allowed per category and (B) you can accurately tally entries for the payment form.
Thank you for participating in the awards process and highlighting the quality journalism being produced in our state every day.
— Vermont Press Association
RULES AND CATEGORIES
- Please visit our general contest page for updated rules and categories.
- You can also download printable PDFs of the rules and categories.
- The fee is $10 per entry across the board, plus one $65 fee per newspaper to participate. (Please note that we charge per entry, not per category. If you submit three entries for best local story, that is $30.)
Please click here to download the contest payment form. After printing and filling out the form, please send a check payable to Vermont Press Association to:
St. Michael’s College
Colchester, VT 05439
Payments must be received by TKTKTK.
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES
You will be prompted to log into a Gmail account in order to submit your entry. (The Gmail does not have to be associated with your newspaper.) If you do not have access to a Gmail account, you may log in when prompted using the email address email@example.com and the password Vermont802.
- John D. Donoghue
- Mavis Doyle
- Best Local Story
- Best State Story
- Feature Writing
- Arts & Entertainment
- Photography — Sports
- Photography — General News
- Photography — Features
- Outstanding Sportswriter
- Rookie Reporter
- Editorial Writing
- Column — Political/Hard News
- Column — Features/Lifestyle/Humor
- General Excellence
Entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on TKTKTK. Hard deadline.
Technical help: Contact Maggie Cassidy at 603-727-3220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “VPA contest” in the subject line. Please note that Maggie will have limited access to phone/email from Jan. 1 to Jan. 19 but will respond within 48 hours.
Payment questions: Contact VPA board treasurer Deborah Phillips at 802-479-2582 or email@example.com.
General questions: Contact VPA president Lisa Loomis at 802-496-3607 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or executive director Mike Donoghue at 802-310-7866 or email@example.com.